Pageviews

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

How to Keep Editing On Your Book, When You Feel Like Jumping Out a Window!

Me to My Twin Sis- "I'll work on it later!"

1- Don't Jump!(LOL) 

You see I' am currently editing my book, so I know exactly how it feels, to be in agony as you edit through your book looking for the tiniest error. It's Horrible! But the reward of finishing the editing of your book is wonderful so, Don't say-




Me reaching for a comic book-"I'll just read thi-"

Sis- "No!"

2-Don't Push It Off!(Someone will catch you! LOL!)

I know when your editing your book you want to just do anything but. Because to you the book is Golden! And Your book probably is. But just like with gold, you need to clean and shine your book so others can see it's beauty. So don't slack off! or this might happen...

Me-"Why won't this end!"

3-Split Your Editing Time in Half! 

You see while your editing your book it's hard to know if your view is the right one to edit your book. since if your a writer like me that makes your book a part of you. My advice split the load. Take the first five chapters, and then give the next five to your friend, professional editor, or family
member that is helping you edit!
once both of you are done trade
chapters and edit each other's work.
This will make sure you get a second
view on your book and give a nice 
editing process so your book isn't
changed from how you envisioned it.
This will also make it so your not banging
 your head against a wall saying-

Me- "You got this!"


4-Don't Stop Editing!

When you get in the editing groove, which is where a writer feels happy to be editing. You shouldn't stop other then for food & potty, of course. Because the editing process for any book is much harder to do if you only edit half of the book, Or the first view pages. P.S. the last edit of your book should always be done by a professional editor.


As always hope these tips help you guys out! Comment if they do! Will be writing so sorry if I don't blog for a while! My twin sister will be on me like white on rice to finish writing my book before august(Because I asked her to push me to finish) LOL! Good luck on your guys writing whoever is reading this!

 













0 comments:

Post a Comment

ª

(c)2009 .. Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates